Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural versatile substance, popular among researchers and health enthusiasts in recent years. Potentially, this substance may have some effects on libido and sexual health. However, sexual health is essential to overall well-being. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of using CBD for sexual wellness.
Libido and CBD
Marijuana is a plant that belongs to the Cannabis genus, which contains many compounds including Cannabidiol (CBD) and it is known for its therapeutic properties. This substance is non-psychoactive. Using regular marijuana may affect your ability to get an erection, which may lead to erectile dysfunction (ED) according to a study. CBD is a potential wellness supplement, which is more interesting for those who noted several advantages. People who experience pain due to chronic disease (such as Endometriosis) choose CBD for sex.
CBD Action of Libido
This Endocannabinoid system is a complex network of receptors. They interact with CBD, which is essential in controlling various psychological processes (such as sexual function). Cannabidiol interacts with CB1 and CB2 receptors. They may influence the release of neurotransmitters, hormonal homeostasis, and stress response. Therefore, some changes in arousal and sexual desire may occur.
Effects of CBD on Libido
This substance has no harmful effects and it may improve your mood by elevating the levels of neurotransmitters Anandamide. One research showed that CBD’s interaction with the Endocannabinoid system may lead to improvements in sexual desire and arousal. In addition, it may lessen the causes of sexual dysfunction due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
CBD and Erectile Dysfunction
There are two examples of sexual dysfunction that may affect your overall well-being (including erectile dysfunction and Anorgasmia). CBD provides a therapeutic remedy, which may improve your sexual experience, according to a study. Furthermore, Cannabidiol may control some problems including typical causes of sexual dysfunction, inflammation, anxiety, stress, and others. However, more research is needed to establish whether CBD is effective or not.
While this substance may promote sexual improvements, it is advised to consult a doctor before adding CBD to your daily routine. Otherwise, people using medications or having pre-existing health conditions may be at higher risk of negative effects. For example appetite changes, orientation issues, gastrointestinal pain, and others.
Check below for some additional information:
- Anandamide – is a neurotransmitter that binds the same receptors in your brain as cannabinoids. This can affect your memory, perception of pain and pleasure, hunger, mood, motivation, and others.
- Hormonal Homeostasis – the action of maintaining of body’s internal balance through hormones is called hormonal homeostasis.
- Endometriosis – A health condition when a tissue similar to the lining of the uterus grows outside it. This may lead to pelvic pain, irregular periods, and others.
Precautions and Warnings
If you want to boost your libido with CBD you should pay attention to certain factors including product selection, dosing, healthcare professional directions, consistency, administration, and others. Check below some examples:
- Right Product: It is advised to choose high-quality CBD as well as from reliable suppliers.
- Dosing: It is recommended to start with small doses and gradually increase if needed. Physicians can adjust your dosage if you do not notice any improvements in the first week of using it.
- Administration: CBD may be found in many forms including oils, pills, edibles, topical, and others. To get a better effect from Cannabidiol, you should use it regularly each day and at the same time.
Additionally, if you misuse marijuana (cannabis), this may lead to sexual problems (such as decreased libido, premature ejaculation, erection-maintaining problems, and others. Seek medical attention right away if you experience any of the symptoms listed above.