If a man experiences low libido it may affect his self-confidence, relationships, and overall well-being. It is important to talk with a doctor before using any improving libido medicines. Otherwise, these drugs may not work or you may experience certain adverse reactions. In this document, we will talk about drugs used to treat this condition.
Causes of Low Sex Drive
You may notice some effects on your general and sexual health if you experience reduced sex desire. However, it is unpleasant to experience low libido, there is no reason to be ashamed about it. Interpersonal relationships, mental health, and personal emotions may affect your sex drive. To get the best treatment, you should consult a doctor as well as find what causes libido problems and diminish it.
Factors such as hormonal imbalance (low testosterone levels) also may cause decreased sex drive in men. Testosterone levels may decrease due to health conditions (including Hypogonadism, heart disease, diabetes, mental disorders, and others).
- Medicines – Opioids, Antidepressants, and Antihypertensive drugs, may cause low libido as a side effect.
- Sleep Disorder – If you do not have enough sleep regularly, it also may provoke low libido in males. Insomnia may also increase stress and lower testosterone levels.
Some mood or mental disorders may negatively affect your sex drive. For example:
- Stress and Anxiety – If you experience high anxiety and stress levels, it may lead to problems with sexual arousal and desire.
- Depression – This is a mental condition that may impact your sexual health by decreasing your level of sexual drive.
- Relationship Problems – Communication problems and unresolved tensions may also provoke decreased libido in men.
Medicines that Increase Male’s Libido
For those who experience reduced libido due to psychological factors, drugs are a good remedy. Discuss with a healthcare professional for better treatment for your problem.
There are some medicines that are usually used in the treatment of sexual dysfunction (including erectile dysfunction or ED). For example Sildenafil Citrate, Tadalafil, Vardenafil, Avanafil, and others. Potentially, these drugs may help to improve your libido.
There are two drugs that may be used for enhancement of your sex drive. For example:
- Bupropion – This medication is an antidepressant, which may also help to boost your sexual desire.
- Cabergoline – Mainly is used to treat Hyperprolactinemia but may also increase your libido.
Natural and Herbal Supplements
Maca Root and Horny Goat Weed are believed that may improve your libido and enhance your male sexual functions. Check below for some additional information:
- Off-Label – these medicines are used for other purposes, not for those authorized by the FDA.
- Hyperprolactinemia – a hormonal imbalance when Prolactin is at higher levels than normal.
- Aphrodisiac – Foods that help to increase your libido, sexual pleasure, behavior, and others.
- Hypogonadism – A health condition when men’s testicles do not produce enough testosterone for development during puberty.
Other Methods to Increase Libido in Men
If medicines are not enough, treatment may be combined with some lifestyle changes, psychological treatments, and others.
Well-Balanced Diet – it is recommended to maintain a healthy and nutritious diet because it helps to promote healthy hormonal function and general well-being.
Regular Exercise – Commonly, physical activities can enhance your blood flow and balance of hormones, which potentially may improve your sex drive.
Manage Stress – Meditation and Yoga are stress-relieving practices that may also improve your libido.
In addition, better to consult a doctor before using any libido-boosting medicine.