It is important for men to manage high testosterone levels because it may affect the man’s overall health and well-being. Otherwise, it may lead to mental and physical side effects. This article contains some methods to treat high testosterone in men by balancing drug treatment and lifestyle changes. The following methods will help you to regain control over your health and well-being. Check below some techniques that efficiently will decrease testosterone levels. For example:
- Manage your hormonal imbalance
- Dietary supplements, exercise techniques, decreasing stress, and other lifestyle changes
- Medications and medical procedures including Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Any of the following modifications are important to decrease testosterone levels. Check below some details:
It is recommended to adopt a healthy diet because it has a big impact on hormone balance. Moreover, including specific foods in your diet can help control your testosterone levels.
You should use a diet full of key nutrients (including Zinc) because it is linked to the regulation of testosterone. Avocados, Almonds, and Olive oil are sources of healthy fats and they help maintain and produce a healthy balance of hormones. In addition, you also can use products rich in fiber because they help to keep balanced hormone levels (such as whole grains, vegetables, and others).
Physical activity contributes directly to testosterone levels. That’s why you should exercise regularly. Using resistance workouts and weightlifting can regulate testosterone levels and muscular growth. Cycling and Running help to maintain hormonal balance because these are cardiovascular workouts. Additionally, it is advised to include stress-relieving exercises (such as tai chi or yoga) because it will help to decrease Cortisol levels, which indirectly assist the testosterone cycle.
In case, stress occurs, it may increase hormonal imbalance. That’s why effective stress management can help you reduce high levels of testosterone, which is important to males. You can use meditation and mindfulness as exercises to decrease stress chemicals such as Cortisol and it also will support hormonal balance. In addition, it is advised to make sleep a priority because it directly affects hormone production and helps to decrease stress levels.
Usually, medical therapies are used when lifestyle changes are not enough. Physicians prescribe Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) because it helps patients to get normal hormone levels. However, this procedure should be used under medical supervision. About advantages, risks, and side effects, consult with your healthcare provider.
There are a few medications that can help to control levels of testosterone. Commonly, doctors prescribe anti-androgens to treat a condition called Hirsutism, which is caused by excessive testosterone levels. Excessive hair on parts of the body, where normally hair is absent or minimal is called Hirsutism. Ask your healthcare professional if you can use anti-androgens to decrease your testosterone levels.
Natural Remedies and Herbal Supplements
Some supplements may help you in the treatment of high testosterone levels. For example:
- Fenugreek: It is advised to add to your diet Fenugreek seeds because they are decreasing testosterone levels.
- Saw Palmetto: Using this herbal supplement helps you prevent the transformation of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which has increased strength.
Furthermore, it is advised to consult a doctor before using any dietary supplement because they may interact with some medications that you may be using.
If you experience high testosterone levels, you may notice some health problems. Usually, if you leave this issue untreated, it may affect your heart, reproductive health, and others. Check below some examples:
- Cardiovascular Risks: Elevated testosterone levels may increase heart problems. That’s why it is important to monitor it regularly.
- Psychological Effects: Behavior changes and mood swings may occur due to hormone imbalance, which may have a negative impact on your overall health.
- Fertility Issues: Fertility may be affected by high testosterone levels.
In addition, this hormone is responsible for men’s development and health. However, elevated levels of testosterone may cause a health condition called Hyperandrogenism.
- You can regulate your hormone levels if you are exercising regularly, eat healthy foods, and manage stress. Moreover, you should not start HRT or use any medications unless you talk with your doctor.
- Keep away any medication from the reach of children and pets because it may be harmful to them.